- The Four Agreements: Toltec Wisdom and the Modern Man
- The Ultimate Stress Busting Post
- A boy who inspired a nation
- Stop hating where you live. Start living.
- The death of becoming something
- On how I stopped holding myself back and where I am today
- Quest for balance
- Your purpose: the search for within, Part 2
by Janeen M.
In the past few years, I havenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t made a wish that wasnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t focused on Janeen Anita. Besides the obvious birthday wish blowing my heart over candles over a yellow cake from jewel. On the day to day, it is Ã¢â‚¬Å“I wish I would close on this sale so I can buy some CrÃƒÂ¨me La MerÃ¢â‚¬Â or Ã¢â‚¬Å“I wish that fly guy at Starbucks would turn around and see the flecks of gold sparkling in my brown eyesÃ¢â‚¬Â or Ã¢â‚¬Å“I wish I can win the lottery and give a middle finger to everybodyÃ¢â‚¬â€and their mama too.Ã¢â‚¬Â
But this past Saturday, I got to work on the front lines with Make-A-Wish Foundation and granted a wish to a ten-year-old boy named Chuck who was diagnosed with leukemia. I have been a volunteer with Make-A-Wish Foundation since April of this yearÃ¢â‚¬â€a volunteer wait list (one year!!!) and a background check later, I was selected and I knew it would be phenomenal.
I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know that one Saturday afternoon, would give me so much perspective.